Steam locomotive class 98.8 (Gtl 4/4) of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
* True to original livery and lettering
* Chassis made of metal die-cast material
The Bavarian GtL 4/4 was put into service for the first time in 1911 by the Bavarian State Railways. The locomotives have undergone a few modifications and were then built until 1927. The locomotives proved to be very successful when operating and with an output of 450 hp, they were considered the strongest local train locomotives of Bavaria. A total of 117 locomotives were produced. Almost all maintenance depots in Bavaria, which served branch lines, had GtL 4/4 locomotives in their vehicle fleet. The two last Bavarian GtL 4/4 of the “Bw Schweinfurt” were one of the favorite locomotives of the railway fans in the 1960s. Towards the end of her career, the 098 812 ran on the branch line from Bad Neustadt (Saale) to Königshofen (im Grabfeld) and hauled passenger and goods trains. The still functioning locomotive has been preserved for the use in museums and belongs to the “Ulmer Eisenbahnfreunde”.