From 1929 through to 1951 the Victorian Railways progressively rebuilt 96 Dd class locomotives into the D3 class of engine. These engines featured a new K class design boiler with superheating and they were fitted with headlights, marker and cab lights.
They were numbered from 606 to 699 and suitable for passenger, mixed and goods traffic and remained in traffic until 1974.
Engine 639 was used almost exclusively to haul the Commissioners inspection trains across the network. Later 658 was interchanged and renumbered 639, as the original 639 had suffered serious cracks in its frames.
– Highly detailed Ready-to-Run HO gauge model – Diecast boiler, frame and footplate
– Genuine Kadee scale head whisker coupler (Tender)
– Separately applied boiler details – Working LED lights,
– All models come standard with an MTC 21 pin motherboard – DCC version with LokSound V5 decoder – 18″ Minimum Radius