RTR060 – 2100 CLASS LOCOMOTIVE #2100 HOn3½ (12mm GAUGE)
Our 2100 locomotive offers the following features:
– Dual Brass Flywheels.
– All wheel pick up.
– All wheel drive.
– Genuine Kadee #158 couplers set at the correct height for QR rollingstock.
– Adjustable coupler pockets to accommodate those modelling standard gauge.
– Directional lighting in both DC and DCC, including illuminated number boards.
– Era and locomotive specific printing and detailing.
– Highly detailed ABS body and components.
– Fully DCC and Sound ready.
– 8 pin DCC socket.
– Highly durable and flexible Acetyl handrails, air hoses and underframe piping.
– Brass and stainless steel etched details.
– Full Die Cast Chassis.
– Multiple era reflective logos.
– Multiple era Danger Overhead Live Wires logos.
– Moulded fans where appropriate.
– Highly detailed bogie sideframes.
– Highly detailed underframe including many individually applied parts.
– Detailed cab interior
The 2100 class locomotives were built by Clyde Engineering in Salisbury (Brisbane) in 1970. The initial order was for 10 units for the then new Goonyella System. This was later changed to 12 units and was later added to with a further 12 units being ordered. The class eventually comprised 24 locomotives with running numbers from 2100 to 2123.
These locomotives were rated at 2,200hp and were used, by the early 1970s, in all forms of mainline traffic on the North Coast Line and ALL western lines rated for a 15 tonne axle load.