Entering service from the mid 1956 onwards these 10 English Electric 750 HP shunting locomotives were numbered from 800 to 809. They were predominantly found working around Port Adelaide and in particular Gilman Yard. Later and from time to time they could also be found working Passenger trains around the suburbs. They remained in service until the late 80s and some units through until 1991, all except 801 were scrapped. When AN commenced operations the class leader 800 was renumbered to 810.