The third series of 10’6” wheelbase U vans were rebuilt using the underframes from earlier wooden bodied U vans. They were converted at the Bendigo North Workshops between 1956 and 1959.
There were 330 in the class and some lasted in traffic until the early 1980s. The body construction was similar to the early VF bogie vans and they all had sliding doors and corrugated iron roofing. There was some variation in the ends of the vans and both styles are modelled.