10000 Gallon Rail Tank Car Series
OT / TW TWF / VQTF VQTY
SDS Models have produced a range of 10 000 gallon rail tank cars based upon a standard VR design 38 foot welded underframe. These HO Gauge models are presented with four unique, oil company specific, tank designs and accurately portrait the prototypical differences between each companies versions to meet their intended requirements. The models cover all major brands used in Victoria with the exception of the Shell Oil Company whose fleet rode on 36 foot riveted underframes.
The models are available in triple-packs and are categorised into three groups:
– OT – as delivered in the early 1950s to the early 1960s
– TW / TWF – 1960s to the late 1970s
– VTQA / VTQF / VTQY – 1980s and 1990s.
- Highly detailed Ready-to-Run HO scale model
- Injection moulded high quality plastic body
- Etched metal walkways
- Full brake rigging and underfloor detail
- Semi scale metal rimmed wheels
- OT bogie, 5’11” wheelbase with 36″ diameter wheels
- Genuine Kadee #158 whisker coupler
- 18” Minimum radius recommended